2. Collection of Personal Information
Your “Personal Information” is any information associated with your personal identity that can be directly or indirectly used to identify, contact, or locate you. We collect Personal Information in the course of providing legal services to clients, and Personal Information that is voluntarily provided to us by visitors to our website, or otherwise provided to us voluntarily by telephone, e-mail or other forms of communication.
The types of information that we collect include the following:
- General information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, job title, and the like.
- Financial information, such as your credit card information, bank accounts, wiring instructions and insurance policy numbers that you provide to us in connection with our legal services, and your billing and payment history for bills for our legal services.
- Employment related information from applicants for positions with our firm, such as your educational background, employment history, professional licenses, government issued identifying information, and writing samples.
If you have any questions about the types of information we collect, please contact us using the information provided below.
3. Use of Personal Information
We only use your Personal Information if we have a legitimate interest to do so, such as:
- Communications: we will use your Personal Information provided to us to respond to your requests and inquiries.
- Legal services: we will use and process your Personal Information as needed to render legal services for you and to comply with our legal and ethical obligations in connection with those legal services.
- Marketing: we may use your Personal Information to send you marketing information with your consent.
- Recruiting: if you apply for a position with our firm, we will use Personal Information provided to us in connection with recruiting, processing applications for employment, making any offers for employment, or hiring an employee.
- Legal Compliance: we use and process Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Website: we use and process Personal Information to administer, manage and improve our website and analyze the use of our website by visitors.
By providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to our use of Personal Information as set forth above, but you can always opt out at any time by contacting us. If you have any questions about how we use information provided to us, please contact us using the information provided below.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not disclose any Personal Information to any third parties outside of the firm except in limited circumstances, such as:
- Disclosures to our agents or data processors or other contractors acting on our behalf (subject to appropriate confidentiality, privacy and information security commitments provided by these agents, data processors and other contractors).
- Disclosures that we believe are necessary to provide any legal services at your request.
- Disclosures where we are required or permitted by applicable laws, rules or regulations.
- Disclosures to our professional advisers, such as our lawyers, accountants, bankers and other outside professional advisers, in the court of the services they provide to us.
- Disclosures as otherwise authorized or directed by you.
We may provide Personal Information to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law, or if we determine in good faith that providing such information is required or permitted by law, such as in connection with the investigation or assertion of our legal defenses, or for compliance-related matters.
We do not “sell” or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
If you have any questions about our disclosure of information to third parties, please contact us using the information provided below.
5. Protection and Retention of Personal Information
We take reasonable technical and administrative measures to protect any of your Personal Information that we have collected from unauthorized use or disclosure, including a variety of software and hardware security tools. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet is completely secure. We have adopted procedures to help us address any suspected personal data breach, but we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any Personal Information provided to us.
We require our agents, data processors and contractors to maintain data protections consistent with reasonable and appropriate obligations of data processors.
6. Cookies Policy
- To enable you to access and use our website and its features.
- To collect anonymous information about visitors to our website, such as computer operating systems and preferences.
- To ensure the security of our website.
Generally, Cookies do not typically contain any Personal Information, other than general information about people who use our website, their locations, and how they access the Site. However, some of your Personal Information may be linked to the information obtained from Cookies.
For more information about cookies, please contact us using the information provided below.
7. Your Rights to Access and Modify Personal Information
With regard to the Personal Information you provide to us, you have the following rights at any time:
- You can request information about our collection of your Personal Information, what kinds of Personal Information we have collected, and how we are using it.
- You can request access to your Personal Information. We will send you a copy of your Personal Information so that you can review it and raise any issues with how we process it.
- You can correct or update any Personal Information that we have collected.
- You can request that we restrict or limit certain types of processing of your Personal Information.
- You can withdraw your consent to use your Personal Information. In other words, you can request that we delete your Personal Information if we do not have a good reason to process it.
- You are entitled to exercise any of these rights free from any discriminatory treatment.
If you want to contact us about exercising any of your rights listed above, please contact us at email@example.com. We may require to you to verify your identity, which may require submission of government issued identification. If you designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, we may also need to verify the identity of your authorized agent and require proof of the agent’s authority to act on your behalf.
This website is not intended for minors under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect, process or maintain any Personal Information from minors under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any Personal Information on this website or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received any Personal Information from a minor under the age of 18 without verifying the parents’ consent, we will promptly delete that information. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 and think we may have collected information about your child, please contact us using the contact information listed below.
Miller Haga Law Group, LLP
23901 Calabasas Road, Suite 1068
Calabasas, CA 91302